Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Emotional Week End

Finally on Friday night Jack walked in to the hospital with his stethoscope around his neck and his doctor's bag in hand.  ( Picture will be added later ). I tried to prepare Jack for what he was about to walk into but how do you prepare a two year old who has never been away from his mother?  Janeen was sitting in a chair, all visible tubes and IV's removed, he knocked and entered and stared as if he was in total disbelief.   He ran to the corner of the room crying, Janeen's crying then I started crying: I went over to him and took his hand and told him everything was OK and then he gave his mommy a big hug and kiss.  We visited for 2 hrs. and then jack and I went to the hotel.  We went back to the hospital in the morning as Janeen was being transfered to Serenity House at noon.  Later that evening Jack and I joined Janeen for dinner and quality time at Serenity House.  Jack climbed up in bed with Janeen and held hands and watched a video.  He gave her his gift and of course there were more tears.  She cries a lot and seeing her so emotional just kills me.  She says she feels really strange and so uncomfortable and she wants to go home.  The doctor's have no problem with her going home but I do.  I'm still so worried about clots and infection and MY

 acute fatigue.  We decided to wait til Sunday and see how things were going.  Well, at 5:00 am Jack woke up and said his tummy hurt.  By 6:00 am he is throwing up all over the bed and I thruthfully didn't know where to start.  Keeping him calm was number one, then start cleaning up. By 9:00 am it was the other end and I decided Jack needed to go home.  Thank God for Suzi & Jerry!  They came up and made my day.  I am so tired I can't even tell you.  They took Jack out for some fresh air then brought him back to me and I put him down for a nap. ( A 4 Hr. Nap ).  Jerry stayed with Jack and Suzi and I ran over to Serenity House.  Again, Janeen cried when she saw us and we told her Jack had to  go home.  Obviously this was upsetting news but she said for us to do what we thought was best,  Jack left at 8:00 pm and I'm going to go to bed early and tomorrow do nothing but rest.

Oh, it gets better......parking valet at the hotel changed my lights from AUTO to ON.  I could not tell in the day time my lights were on so after visiting Janeen today Suzi & I got to sit in an under ground garage for over an hour waiting for AAA and then had to buy a new battery.  Oh, not finished yet....housekeeping vacuumed up one of my diamond earings.  They went through the vacuum bags and found it.  You know what, I was even to tired to care.  I have just way to much to be thankful for. 
Emotions are running high right now but I do believe once we get home on TUESDAY Janeen will feel better.  There's just no place like home!    

I just was thinking back to a week ago tonight.  It is so hard to believe how fast this week has really gone.  It is a week I don't ever want to repeat.  I thank God for giving us the strength to get through it and continued blessings for the remainder of Janeen's recovery.   All the prayers said have been answered and I would ask that Janeen remain in your prayers as she struggles to keep her mind on what is important now, HEALING.  This is not the end of the road for Janeen, there will be another surgery 3 to 4 months from now. 

Thank you everyone.  Love, Barb  

No comments: