Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

One Week Out

In one week today and at this time Janeen will have been in surgery 5 hours.  I have so much to do today but I feel like I am in slow motion and crying on and off which I can't control.  I remember Janeen saying a couple of weeks ago she felt like she was in slow motion also.  What's this feeling all about?.  Just typing this I feel like my hands are made of cement. I'm short with Janeen and my dogs are driving me to drink.  I'm going to tape their mouths shut.

Last evening I took my little family out for our last family dinner for awhile.  Darren's moved in to his condo, so it was Darren, Janeen & Jack, Suzi & Jerry and ME!  Jack sat through a 2 1/2 hour dinner all dressed up so cute in Burberry.  We had a fabulous meal ( we went to Gulfstream ) and everyone was given a little gift which was my way to convey how much I love them all as well as thank you for being together as a family.  Lot's of tears but that little Jack.....everytime the top came off a present he screamed, raised his little arms and clapped.  He would get so excited, tears turned to laughter and everyone around us got the biggest kick out of him. To say it was a wonderful evening is an understatement.

Janeen starts her medicine regime this week.  This is one area I didn't get involved in.  I'm the keeper of the drugs for after her surgery. We might have to get some refills by then. (I'm joking).  We're all staying busy and that means me too.  I have to go do my errands before the days end.  I hope Janeen can pull herself out of this funky mood she is in, if not I'll just have to be patient and compassionate.  I want to slap her out of it  or shake her, but I guess I'll just smother her with love.  She is my baby girl!

Love to all, Barb

4 comments:

Nack (Jack) said...

Mommy,
I'm really sorry I'm getting on your nerves. I will try really hard to mind you the first time.
I really had fun at Uncle D's tonight. Anni said she hopes the massage she bought you would relax you a little. Did it??? I sure have been having fun lately. Ti amo, NACK

Auntie Gay said...

Hi Barbi
Thanks so much for the darling flip video of Jack. He is just too cute! I have seen kids put olives on their fingers, but never berries of every description. I love his faces too. What a treasure he is. I really appreciate both you and Janeen keeping us in the loop with your family. It means a lot!!! You will need to be well rested and feeling well in order to be there for your darling daughter and grandson. They are so fortunate to have you to depend on. Just keep reminding yourself that you must take care of YOU in order to be able to care for them. We tend to forget that and think we are being selfish if we insist on time for ourselves. Each of you will be in my prayers and thoughts everyday of your journey. Take care and remember that if you need me I will be there. It is only Santa Monica and doable.
You are loved,
Auntie Gay

Kathy Wuerth said...

Barb
I just wanted you to know that I have you, Janeen and the rest of your family in my prayers. I am working my way backward on the blog. It was one of the best things you could have done..for you, Janeen and EVERYONE else. I know you are going crazy, but doing a fab job from the looks of it. You pulled off the condo and everyone thought you were nuts. You are!

You can't help but run through a gamut of emotion. I think you're doing a tremendous job..allowing yourself to be vulnerable, honest and at the same time, remaining faithful and strong. Glad you have faith and are relying on God to carry you through. He's pretty awesome.

I'm so glad but NOT surprised that everyone is rallying round and you have a long list of "help". Put me on that list..you just never know. If there is anything I am able to do, I'd be honored to.

Take care,
Kathy

Darren J said...

The condo turned out great. It is so relaxing and inviting. THANK YOU MOM for this beautiful home. I even had the chance to babysit my nephew for the first time.....he loved it there. We played CARS and watched TV, then had dinner. He was able to get himself onto the bar stool chair all by himself and wait politely for his dinner to be served. That's my nephew.
There are still minor things to be done, but its definitely a great place to stay while visiting family and friends. :)