Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

Beautiful Day

Hello everyone....today was a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!  You all know by now, it was 8 weeks ago I sat in a hospital worried sick over my daughter in an operating room.  Although I had Darren beside me, it was one of the longest days of my life.  Today, as I sat with my daughter at The Montage, having lunch and taking in the view of our beautiful coastline both of us reflected back to September 12, 2011.  It has ONLY been 8 weeks but today it seemed like years ago.  We were back having our mom/daughter day and it was Janeen's idea.  Darren watched Jack so we could have some girlie time and it was wonderful.  Now, for the best part.  We went to the spa and had facials.  If you had asked me 2 months ago did I think Janeen would go into a spa and disrobe for a proceedure, I would have said, " NO WAY"!  Well she did and the best part for me was to hear her say, " I no longer care about my scars, I've earned every one ".  I had to fight back the tears.  Both of us came out of our respective treatments glowing.  Truly, we BOTH looked younger, or that's what we told each other.  So that called for a cocktail.  One phone call to Uncle D to see if everything was under control at home, ( it was ) and we headed for the lounge and a Martini.  We felt like the piano player was playing just for us and we were both so relaxed.  I could have sat there for hours but reality set in and it was time to come home.

Our thoughts were with Annette who we figured is about 2 1/2 weeks post op.  She's hurting bad right about now....we can't forget to continue praying for her.  I hope Janeen will make contact with her again real soon.

So, we took time for us today, hope all of you still following this journey will take some time for yourself and have a Beautiful Day too.  So much to be thankful for, go celebrate!

Barb

No comments: