Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Another week anniversary, week 7 and it's Halloween. I never thought I'd be taking Jack out for trick-or-treating, but I did. Uncle Darren and Uncle Jerry went too. Jack's Anni and Uncle D surprised us with dressing as Fred and Wilma Flintstone. I laughed so hard it hurt. I swear tonight was so fun and I was hurting and still burning, but because I was doubled over laughing all night. I never could have imagined this a month ago. I would love to post a picture but I think if I do, I may be disowned?

My aunt and a wonderful neighbor came over tonight as well, both breast cancer survivors. And today is the last day of October, which as we all know is breast cancer awareness month. My mom bought me two beautiful bracelets to commemorate this month and said I too was a breast cancer survivor, which I don't think I am. I think I just beat cancer before it beat me! I don't know, I feel conflicted with what category I fit into. If a category is even important.

Getting back into the swing of things. I feel overwhelmed that the holidays are right around the corner and I'm still fairly tired. I started taking naps with Jack when I first got home from the hospital because I missed him so much, and we just cuddled and held hands. Well, he's fine napping in his room when I'm not here, but I still take advantage of my cuddle time when I can. Of course, I could be doing more with that time, like laundry or cleaning, but how can I pass up holding that little hand? Most times I just rest my eyes and stare at my beautiful boy. He has a way with opening your heart. There is a rejuvenated joy in my family now.

Gods plan for me turned my world upside down. It threw us all for a loop. I believe this is why HE graced me with Jack before BRCA.

Hope everyone had a safe evening. There is joy in my house.

Love, Janeen

1 comment:

Jessica Drew de Paz said...

So happy to hear about all of the joy coming to you and your family. You are all so deserving of it!!! XXOO, Jess