Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pictures as promised

This is me in ICU after my 18 and 1/2 hours surgery.  I think it may have been 11 or Midnight?
Not really sure.  It may have been the early hours of Tuesday 9/13?

This is me holding my pain button that I could give myself every 6 minutes.
I just waited for that button to turn green so I could take another hit....
and I did.  Six minutes sometimes feels like forever.

Have no clue what day this is, but I finally see Mom. 
Getting strong doppler sounds from transplant.
They had me sitting in a chair day 2; walking the halls day 3.

Doctor Straub, the last of my team to show up.
Although he was the only doctor that saw me and cried.

My first hug from my beautiful boy. He gave me a shot.
I cried. I missed him so much.

Finally at Serenity House recovering, day 6. Me and Jack holding hands
and watching TV in bed. Those beautiful flowers are from my Jack.


Of course Jack had more fun playing IN the furniture than sitting
in bed with me.  What are you going to do?


Wednesday, September 28.

So here are just a few pictures.  My Mom came over this morning and rubbed my back which made a huge difference.  Have a babysitter today so I get another break.  I'm so thankful.  And to you all that have offered to help out.  Just been feeling a bit sad lately.  Overwhelmed. Hurt. Blessed.  My body feels so foreign.  It's like I just can't get a break.  Like one day pain free.  Not happening.  EVERY SINGLE DAY.  This is tough.  I hope to be in better spirits next time.  Again have so much to share.  Whether anyone reads it or not, I need to get it out of my head.  Until then.....peace.

Janeen 

2 comments:

Bonnie Brown said...

Hey Janeen.... Hang in there, the pain will subside. I am thinking of you and sYing a prayer for you too. You are courageous and strong.
Bonnie B.

Kim said...

Its really not fair for someone to look that pretty after 18 hr surgery!!!